This is where I am getting to now. Late that afternoon, I challenged myself to read the book of 1 Thessalonians. As qouted on my devotional NIV Women's Bible, The Book of 1 Thessalonians is about Paul writing this letter to the church he began in Thessalonia (Acts 17:1-9) right after leaving them and being unable to return. Paul is excited about their Christian faith and is reminded of his love for them. He answers questions about what death means for a Christian. As you read this book, come to terms that as a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ, when you die you will still be under God's care and will. You will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
In each chapter of this book, I wanted to disect and summarize what I learned from each chapter. below is a summary of what I learned. I pray that God speaks to you in some way. The spirit of the Lord spoke to me in ways after summarizing and I pray that you too, can summarize what you learned and just maybe compare it with what I learned from it.
1 THESSALONIANS 1:1-10
- Bein immitators of God
- Welcoming the message of Jesus with JOY
- Being a reflection of who Jesus is to all believers and to everyone God puts in your path.
1 Corinthian 11:1// Philippians 1:4-6//Micah 6:8//James 1//3 John
1 THESSALONIANS 2: 1-16
- Please God and not man when we share the gospel.
- Not everyone will accept Jesus. It is okay to be rejected. Don't get offended. They are rejecting Jesus, not you.
- Sharing our lives as living proof that the gospel is real. Do our actions match up to Christian living?
- Knowing the difference between biblical teaches v. what is from man.
1 Timothy 4: 1-6;12//Galatian 1:10-12//Philippians 1:27//
1 THESSALONIANS 3: 1-13
- Coming to those that need to hear the gospel. Remember for some of you. Somebody came to you to share the gospel. Be that somebody that reaches out to someone that needs JESUS.
- Holding each other accountable.
- Encouraging one another.
- Standing firm in boldness - stepping out of your confort zone.
Acts 26:15-18//Titus 2:1-8//James 5:16//Ephesians 4:4
1 THESSALONIANS 4:1-18
- Living our lives to please JESUS.
- To turn to Him first before decision making.
- Avoid things that displeases our Father.
- Being pure, in singleness.
- To have self-control
- In our actions, do not boast.
Ephesians 2:10//Ephesians 6:19//Ephesians 7//Titus 2//Matthew 6:3//Hebrews 13:4//1 Peter 1:13//
1 Peter 4:1-11
1 THESSALONIANS 5: 1-28
- The second coming of JESUS.
- to remind ourselves that we no longer live in darkness; we have been brought to life through the light of Jesus Christ.
- Putting on the amor of God.
- God' will for our lives.
John 15:16//Hebrews 6: 4-6//Revelation 20:15//2 Corinthians 5:17// Ephesians 2:13//
Ephesians 6:13-17//Zephaniah 3:1-6//1 Peter 4:12-19
This pretty much sums up what following JESUS should look like. The entire Bible is filled with scriptures that relate to living like Christ. I hope you find these scriptures useful as you dive into the word and learn from it.
In Christ,
Esther Victoria
No comments:
Post a Comment