I thank God everyday for my mother who has led a great example when it comes to prayer. She is a little PRAYER WARRIOR. Whom ever God puts in her path at any given day she will ask that person if she can pray over them. I love her boldness. She is fearless. Seeing her obedience in my walk with Christ, I have been able to engage in prayer like never before! However, it was never like that in the begining. I had always been afraid to pray outloud in group settings or always afraid that I never was able to pray good enough. Do not get me wrong, I had always prayed outloud before going to bed at night or just in my car, but I never had the courage to just pray outloud. This is something I began to pray for in 2009. Around that time, I was in a bible study and we did something like popcorn prayer, wherer someone would open up in prayer and then if the spirit of the Lord placed it in your heart you would pray and so on so forth. I felt the presence of God over me at that moment. Someone opened up in prayer, and then they were done and at that moment I felt the spirit just tugging at my heart telling me "Esther, now is your chance." and so I obeyed! I prayed outloud in front of people, other Christians. The Spirit totally took over my words, but as soon as I was finished, I felt great. I was like, "Wow that wasnt so bad afterall."
Since then, through God's grace, I have become a little prayer warrior myself. I guess I tend "break the ice" for those individuals that are afraid to pray first when in group settings. God always tugs at my heart now whenever there is an opportunity to pray and trust me this is not for my gain, this is Him simply telling me "Do it" - - I thank God for giving me the act of being bold and having no fear. He is will me afterall right? (Romans 8:31). Because God is so faithful is all areas, I have been able to take another step of faith and just pray for people in need. I have a prayer journal and ever so often I will take prayer requests and take a day out of the week to fast/pray usually at night. It is so beautiful to see that connection you will have before your King and the communication is beyond my words.
If you are reading this I encourage you to pray outloud at the next bible study you go to or if the Lord is leading you to pray with an individual that needs prayer wether it is a friend, family member, co-worker. Remember everyone needs prayer. Go for it! You never know whose life you may impact if you allow the Holy Spirit to move in this area in your life. Ask Him today for the Holy Spirit to guide your words in prayer. What do you have to loose? You do not need to be a prayer expert. Remember this is communication between you and God or you God and the people that are around you engaging in prayer.
Below are scriptures that helped me embrace this area in my life and I hope these scriptures can help you as well.
1 John 5:14-15:
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us whatever we ask we know that we have what we asked of him."
Matthew 18:20
"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Psalm 3: 3-5
"But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the LORD,
and he answers me from his holy mountain.
I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me."
John 14:13
"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
I am taking some time Thursday night to pray. If you have any prayer request please feel free to email me at hislightguides@gmail.com
In Christ,
Esther Victoria

No comments:
Post a Comment