Saturday, April 9, 2011

worship&justice.

When we think of worship we think of great music where we can just sing to Jesus and lift up our hands and just sing from the bottom of our souls. That feeling is so breathtaking, but I want to clarifiy. Worship is about loving God and loving His people. When we love people we have come to understand what the true meaning of JOY is.
JOY is . .

JESUS first, then
OTHERS, then
YOURSELF

That is a perfect example of worship. To praise God and honor His will for His people. To fully understand to live a life for others. Jesus laid down His life for us, so why not be a reflection of who He is to those around us. To really be the HANDS&FEET OF JESUS to everyone He puts in our path.

 We see in the book of James 1:27 mention what it really is to worship:

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Friends, we want to make sure we are living a selfless life. To be a light into this world and see the change and difference in us. That difference is the Holy Spirit living in us. Whenever we make it to Heaven, we want the Lord to tell us, "You lived out your life according to what the gospel had to say." -

Philipians 1:27-28 is the perfect verse for this scenerio, " Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contendingas one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved - and that by God."

If people really understand the meaning of that verse, they will surely understand the true meaning of worship. Because God is sovereign (set apart from us), He just instilled in my heart to share these next several verses:

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
   37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
   40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

These verses are exactly what it is to put others before you and be Jesus to everyone God places in your path. Be different. Take advantage of that opportunity and step in boldness. There is no fear!
I might have shared these next two verses in older blog, but if you can really understand what Paul is writing here in Pillipians 1:20-21, then you are a person who GETS IT!

It states: " I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

Living a life worth living for. You are all on this earth to live life with purpose: for God's name to be glorified in all areas!

to get involved and put peoples' needs above yourself wether its through missonary trips or just outreach events just outside your backyard please visit the following links:


http://www.caringformiami.org/
http://www.frommiamiwithlove.org/
http://www.godbelongsinmycity.com/
http://www.rightnow.org/
http://dosomethingnow.com/
http://www.compassion.com/
http://www.e3partners.org/
http://www.adventures.org/
http://www.real4christ.com/

Hope this helps (:

In Christ,

Esther Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment